- Enjoy crystal clear water in your pool the easy and natural way with pure diatomaceous earth powder for your DE filter system. Commonly known as D.E., diatomaceous earth for pools is an all-natural, high-grade powder derived from tiny fossilized exoskeletons of algae-like water plants called diatoms. DE powder provides outstanding DE filtration results for your pool compared to sand filters and cartridge filter systems.
How to use:
- You will need about 4-6 pounds of DE Powder to coat new grids or to replace the old DE Power that is striped off old grids during backwash. Buy this ahead of time so it is available when you need it. The DE Powder will last for 4-6 separate backwashes
- Ensure that your filter’s Multiport Valve (MPV) is set on FILTER mode.
- Turn the pool pump ON and let it reach prime.
- The Air Relief Valve should be open to let air out of the top of the filter. Close this valve when a steady stream of water shoots out the end of the valve.
- Remove the cover to the skimmer closest to the pump and filter. Slowly add the required amount of DE Powder into the skimmer. If you simply dump the DE Powder into the skimmer, you may clog the pipes.